Medical and Healthcare scale – Seca 374 (wireless baby scale with extra large weighing tray)
- Net weight: 7.9 lbs/3.6 kg
- kg/lbs switch-over: true
- Product width: 24.4 inch/620 mm
- Product height: 7.5 inch/190 mm
- Product depth: 14.1 inch/358 mm
- Graduation: 5 g < 10 kg > 10 g 0.2 oz < 22 lbs > 0.5 oz
- Capacity: 20 kg/44 lbs
- EMR ready products allow you to transmit measurements wirelessly to an EMR system or seca wireless printer.
- Adjustable damping.
- High-quality seca scale technology with fine graduation.
- TARE, HOLD, Auto-HOLD and BMIF for extra convenience.
- Solid surfaces prevent liquid penetration, eliminating cross contamination.
- Optional measuring rod seca 233 expands scale into a measuring station.
Restless baby? Not a problem!
Ergonomic, convenient and time-saving: these are the key words that define the seca 374. Its extra large tray lets you weigh a seated toddler of up to 20 kg, even if the child is fidgety. The adjustable damping function combined with the Auto-HOLD function ensures fast and precise work. Net weight of a diapered baby? Choose TARE. The amount of milk breast-fed to a baby? Use the BMIF (Breast-Milk-Intake-Function). Measuring and weighing in one step? Yes – thanks to the optional measuring rod seca 233. Transmit the weight measurement wirelessly? Just press SEND. You can do it from any location because the seca 374 is operated by batteries, so there’s no need for electrical outlets.
• Capacity: 20 kg / 44 lbs
• Graduation: 5 g < 10 kg > 10 g /
0.2 oz < 22 lbs > 0.5 oz
• Dimensions (WxHxD): 620 x 190 x 358 mm /
24.4 x 7.5 x 14.1″
• Dimensions of weighing surface (WxHxD):
615 x 130 x 275 mm / 24.2 x 5.1 x 10.8″
• Weight: 3.6 kg / 7.9 lbs
• Power supply:
Batteries / mains adapter (optional)
Data transmission: wireless technology
seca 360° wireless
• Functions: TARE, BMIF, HOLD, auto-HOLD,
automatic switch-off, damping, kg/lbs switch-over
• Optional: head and foot positioners seca 418,
measuring rod seca 233, mains adapter seca 447,
switch-mode mains adapter seca 400
• System compatible with: 360° wireless
printer advanced seca 466, 360° wireless
printer seca 465, software seca analytics 105,
360° wireless USB adapter seca 456
Functions and Properties
- Acoustic signals can be activated
- Automatic switch-off
- Breast/Milk Intake Function
- Adjustable damping
Too much baby fat is unhealthy
In many developed countries, every tenth newborn weighs more than 9 lbs 15 oz and suffers from fetal macrosomia. This is a medical condition when a new born baby has disproportionally large body parts or organs which could potentially injure the baby during birth or increase their risk of becoming obese or developing Type 2 diabetes in the future. Babies with overweight mothers or mothers with gestational diabetes are more likely to develop fetal macrosomia because they receive too much glucose and produce too much insulin which results in the development of fatty tissue.
The baby’s elevated insulin production causes a region of the brain responsible for feelings of fullness to not completely develop. Consequently, the individual’s will face frequent hunger pangs throughout their life which increase their risk of diabetes and obesity. It’s difficult to diagnose fetal macrosomia in the womb because conclusions about the fetal’s weight cannot be made from an ultrasound image. To receive a more reliable diagnosis besides regular weight measurements, the mother’s girth and symphysis fundal height are essential.
It’s critical to have a healthy start in life
Why is a baby’s weight so significant? The physical growth of infants has long been recognized as an important indicator of health and wellness. If weight gain is too fast research shows babies are at risk of childhood obesity and associated diseases. If weight gain is too slow then the baby risks developing physical or psychological problems. A precise weight measurement is important and the reason why doctors and midwives across the globe recommend seca scales.
|Dimensions||62 × 19 × 35.8 cm|